Lyndhurst in Tarrytown is kicking off the holidays in style. Seasonal offerings at the National Trust for Historic Preservation site include theater, music and shopping events, as well as special holiday tours.
The activities, scheduled on select days throughout the season, include:
- Daytime Historic Tours – The mansion’s gilded interiors will be illuminated with thousands of twinkling lights, dozens of holiday trees and lavish décor. Nov. 24 through Dec. 30.
- Sherlock Holmes – The famed detective will be on the trail of a classic Christmastime caper, performed throughout the mansion in “The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.” Nov. 15 to Dec. 8.
- Holiday Market Weekend – Shop for specialty gift items offered by more than 50 vendors at the Junior League’s Holiday Boutique. Dec. 1 through 3.
- “Mr. Dickens Tells a Christmas Carol” – Visitors will travel throughout the mansion with “Mr. Dickens” to hear the well-loved tale from the original 1867 script. Dec. 10 through 30.
- Holiday Concert – The Collective Brass Quintet will fill the air with the joyous sounds of favorite Christmas and holiday classics. Dec. 17.
- Lyndhurst Museum Shop – The newly renovated shop is stocked with a curated selection of seasonal gifts, local merchandise and specialty items all season long. Lyndhurst will officially launch its holiday shopping season Nov. 24 (“Black Friday”) by offering sale items and a free gift with purchase throughout the weekend, which also includes participation in Nov. 26’s Museum Store Sunday.
For ticketed events, advance purchases are recommended.
For more, visit Lyndhurst.org.
– Mary Shustack