with tomatoes, Marcona almonds
and Parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds of heirloom mixed tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- ½ cup good olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons of minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- ¼ cup basil finely shredded
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon of oregano
- ¼ cup Marcona almonds
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large bowl combine 1 pound of chopped tomatoes with the vinegar, ½ cup olive oil, shallots, basil, crushed red pepper and salt and pepper. Toss well and let stand at room temperature for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil, add the other 1 pound of tomatoes and sauté till tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set cooked tomatoes aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain well. Blend in the cooked tomatoes and tomato mixture. Add the almonds, Parmesan cheese and oregano and serve immediately.
A nice dry Prosecco is good with this dish.
For more, contact the Saucy Realtor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tableware courtesy Casafina.