Recipe by: Jackie Ruby
- 4 pieces of swordfish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon (zest one half & reserve other half for juice)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a flat bowl, mix nutmeg, white pepper, salt, oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika and lemon zest thoroughly. Toss in the breadcrumbs and mix all ingredients.
- Take ½ cup white wine and put it in another flat bowl.
- Place the swordfish in the wine for 5 minutes, then turn it over to coat the other side.
- Pat the fish to remove the excess liquid and place the swordfish in the breadcrumb mixture, coating only one side.
- Place the fish breaded side up in a pan, adding the remaining wine and the butter to the bottom.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Then put the broiler on and cook fish an additional 3 minutes until the breadcrumbs are crusty.
- Add the chopped parsley and squeeze the juice of ½ lemon over the fish.
- Serve with sautéed broccoli rabe and roasted potatoes.