Summer officially gives way to fall on Sept. 23. So why not mark (and mourn) the passing with this refreshing dish from Jacqueline Ruby, WAG’s Saucy Realtor, while you still can?
Spicy Fruit Salad
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- ½ cup cubed pineapple
- ½ cup thinly sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup raspberry jelly
- 4 sprigs of chopped parsley and cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons peach balsamic vinegar*
- Sprinkle of fresh black pepper
- Mix fruit in a bowl.
- Add red onion, parsley, cilantro, orange juice and toss.
- Put raspberry jelly in a small pan and melt down to a liquid form and cool.
- Pour jelly over fruit and mix.
- Add vinegar and pepper. Toss well.
- Refrigerate 1 to 3 hours and serve cold.
(*If you don’t have peach vinegar, you can add juice of 1 fresh peach to ¼ cup white wine vinegar.)
For more, contact the Saucy Realtor at firstname.lastname@example.org.