With the Rockland Center for the Arts looking ahead to a full schedule over the next few months, it might be time to skim its offerings and make a few “save-the-date” notations on your calendar.
The West Nyack center, a regional arts destination previously featured in our pages, kicks it all off with a magic show, an outdoor concert and a pair of exhibitions next month.
Here’s the lineup in brief, with full details on each event and exhibition featured on the RoCA site:
- Mario the Magician will offer “Live @ RoCA!” at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 7.
- Exhibitions “Chronicles of a Life: The Art of Sergio Castillo” and Ellen Galinsky’s “Route 66: Outside In” will open Sept. 7.
- “Sail Through Art History,” Hudson River voyages to benefit RoCA and The Edward Hopper House Museum & Study Center, will be offered Sept. 12-13.
- The John Hall Band will offer an outdoor concert at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 14 in The Catherine Konner Sculpture Park.
- The Arts of India Festival, with food, dance and music, is set for Oct. 12.
- “Visions of Awareness,” “Endless Journey” and “The Body Reconfigured” exhibitions open Oct. 13.
- “Music Sessions:” Toby Walker in concert will be offered at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 26.
RoCA is at 27 S. Greenbush Road.
For more, visit rocklandartcenter.org.
– Mary Shustack