In recent years, the patio has become an extension of indoor living. And as with our interiors, it’s the accent pieces that make outdoor decor unique.
1. Add a Zen-like calm with the soothing sound and sparkle of water using this free-standing cast stone fountain in Alpine stone finish.
Free-standing cast stone fountain in Alpine stone finish ($1,200). Mariani Gardens, 45 Bedford Road, Armonk. (914) 273-3083, marianigardens.com.
2. Get rid of those pesky mosquitoes with a natural repellent candle made of soy wax. And when the candle’s burned down, you can reuse the concrete holder as a decorative container.
Mosquito repellent candle ($70). Mariani Gardens, 45 Bedford Road, Armonk. (914) 273-3083, marianigardens.com.
3. Cozy around a fire with this sleek cast-iron fire bowl.
Cast-iron fire bowl ($465). Design Within Reach, 711 Canal St., Stamford. (203) 614-0787, dwr.com.
4. Add an artistic touch with a fruit compote statue made of stone.
Stone fruit compote ($195). Greenwich Orchids, 573 Bedford Road, Bedford Hills, (914) 763-3600; 106 Mason St., Greenwich, (203) 661-5544, greenwichorchids.com.
5. Create shade from the sun’s rays or take cover from the rain with an easy-to-use and maintenance-free umbrella, where form meets function.
Tucci Baymaster cantilever umbrella, designed by Dougan Clarke ($4,995). Design Within Reach, 711 Canal St., Stamford, (203) 614-0787, dwr.com.
6. Jonathan Adler graphic orange melamine dinner plates offer a pop of color when dining al fresco.
Positano melamine dinner plates ($12 each). Jonathan Adler, 88 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich, (203) 622-1476, jonathanadler.com.
7. Illuminate and imbue your patio with a certain ambiance using Ikea solar-powered lights in white.
Solvinden solar-powered light chain ($19.99). Ikea at ikea.com.
8. Create “Wow” with a statement piece.
Grand pine cone statue ($422.50). McArdle’s, 48 Arch St., Greenwich, (203) 661-5600, mcardles.com.