11 Kittle Road, Chappaqua, New York, 10514
In its history that spans more than 200 years, the Kittle House’s timber frame has held many things: a guesthouse, prohibition-era roadhouse, school, inn, and restaurant. The stately Kittle House began humbly in 1790 as a barn on Ivy Hill Farm. The Kittle family named the eponymous barn in the 1880s, when they took over the farm and renamed the future restaurant and inn The Kittle Barn and Carriage House. In 1890, Moses Taylor V purchased the farm and surrounding 500 acres to raise his prize cattle, renaming it Annandale Farm. Following Taylor’s death in 1928, the Kittle House began to develop its livelier reputation as a roadhouse. In 1931 the Kittle House took on a primmer role as the Noble School for Girls. Unsuccessful, the school closed after five years, and thus the Kittle House tradition as a restaurant and inn began.