Photographs by Tim Lee
JOHN JUNE HOUSE AT A GLANCE
• North Salem
• 4,651 square feet
• 12.96 acres
• Bedrooms: 5
• Baths: 4 full, 1 half
• Price: $3.6 million
Classic Italianate Revival architecture and dramatic, forward interior design are the hallmarks of this circa-1845 home. Built by circus showman John J. June, it is one of the most historic gems of North Salem. Masterfully and completely renovated, it fully retains the elegant style of old from its rooftop cupola to the wraparound verandas framed by Doric columns to its detailing of modern amenities.
The gracious front-to-back entryway with drawing rooms on each side offers an intimate setting for perfect entertaining. Restored plaster moldings, original marble fireplaces, rich colors, modern fixtures with Venetian glass shades, as well as artfully added custom millwork grace each room. A designer kitchen offers top appliances, copper-clad ventilation, granite counters and a light-filled breakfast area with French doors leading to the veranda.
On the second level, the master suite bathroom offers a detailed mosaic-floored bathroom with soaking tub, a glass enclosed steam shower, two separate custom dressing areas and an intimate but light-filled bedroom.
On three levels with 4,651 square feet, this historic residence includes five bedrooms, four full baths and one powder room. The lower level offers a billiard room, a gym room and laundry. A gabled third floor has two bedrooms with a sitting room and charming cupola overlooking the entire grounds.
The 13 landscaped acres offer walkways along the stream, a pool and pool house with an artist’s studio and caretaker’s cottage and separate two-car garage.
Truly one of the most beautifully and luxuriously appointed historical homes.
• Classic Italianate Revival built in 1845 meticulously restored and renovated with all modern luxuries.
• Five bedrooms, four full baths and one powder room on three levels with four fireplaces.
• Elegant Old World style master suite with two dressing rooms and spa bath with a mosaic-tile floor.
• 13 acres of landscaped grounds with pool, pond, pool house, artist’s studio, caretaker’s cottage and detached two-car garage.
• Lower level with a billiard room, gym, laundry and storage spaces.
• Third level with two bedrooms, sitting rooms with built-in storage, full bath and a charming ladder leading to a cupola with grounds views on all sides.
For more information, contact David Turner at Houlihan Lawrence Bedford Village Green brokerage at 914-953-6010, 914-234-9099 ext. 22365 or DTurner@houlihanlawrence.com.