It’s out with minimalism and in with extravagance for accessories.
Tassels are taking fashion on a tour of color, culture and design this season with globally inspired styles. And what better way to exude a Bohemian, free-spirit vibe than with free-flowing accessories?
Just in time for beach trips, sunset cruises and backyard barbecues, these stand-alone pieces will surely add character to any ensemble.
THE JEWELRY CORNER
Every tassel-wearing woman should feel like royalty. And that’s because tassels were historically worn as symbols of love, protection and power in various cultures around the world. Select one statement piece (yes, only one) and add some oomph to your sundress without overdoing it. For those glamorous occasions, opt for a timeless necklace by David Yurman.
(1) Tassel Drop Earrings by Chan Luu, $110.
(2) Tassel Necklace by Trina Turk, $198.
(3) Mystique Tassel Necklace with Pink Opal, Citrine and Pink Tourmaline in 19K Yellow Gold by David Yurman, $5,200.
THE PURSE CORNER
Tassels surely do not discriminate, having made their way onto all handbag sizes and styles. Accessorize your everyday look with a tassel-embellished drawstring tote by Loeffler Randall and your beach trip with a straw tote adorned with tassels, pom-poms and embroidery by Kate Spade New York. And for those nights out, opt for this multicolor and metallic woven tweed clutch by Milly.
(4) Pom-Pom Drawstring Leather Tote by Loeffler Randall, $450.
(5) Collection Tassel Tweet Clutch by Milly, $255.
(6) Lewis Way Pom-Pom Large Tote by Kate Spade New York, $298.
THE SHOE CORNER
One of WAG’s many mottos is, “when in doubt, buy the shoe.” And so far, it’s never done us wrong. We’ve got you covered with styles fit for daywear, day to evening and date night.
(7) Jabow Tasseled Sandals by Stuart Weitzman, $398.
(8) Salsa Ankle Tie High Heel Sandals by Charlotte Olympia in real red, $695.
For more similar styles, visit bloomingdales.com.