Photographs by Tim Lee
HIDDEN SPRING FARM AT A GLANCE
• 7,123 square feet
• 11.817 acres
• Bedrooms: 5
• Baths: 4 full, 1 half
• Price: $9.9 million
Ordinary superlatives cannot adequately describe the remarkable natural beauty that greets you upon entering this supremely peaceful estate. Providing a sense of privacy and expansiveness that is unusual to find only 35 minutes from New York City, the 12-acre setting retains the quiet beauty of a country retreat with its sparkling ponds, stream and cascading waterfall. Dazzling natural splendor unfolds in every direction where majestic trees, velvety lawns and lush gardens ablaze with color create a delightful tapestry throughout the seasons.
Equally memorable is the elegant home that stands as the centerpiece of the estate. With roots that date back to the 18th century, the residence was a simple farmhouse until the present owners undertook a masterful renovation and expansion. The resulting home is simply a triumph – a fresh take on a classic country house that brims with charm, sophistication, style and character. Throughout the home, splendid period rooms mix happily with expansive glass-wrapped spaces that invite in the stunning surroundings. Highlights include a study and formal dining room that are original to the home, a dramatic Great Room with a vaulted ceiling, a romantic garden room, an English conservatory and a sumptuous master suite. Quality craftsmanship and superb detailing further refine the beautifully scaled spaces, many of which open through French doors to expansive terraces overlooking the ponds and gardens.
Outdoors, the pleasures continue with a golf hole, a beautiful free-form pool and gardens created by the noted landscape architect Armand Benedek. Additional highlights include a handsome guesthouse and a striking pool house that echoes the architectural style of the main residence. Noteworthy for its country-house elegance, breathtaking setting and complete privacy, Hidden Spring Farm continues to stand proudly as one of Harrison’s most significant estate properties.
• One of Harrison’s most beautiful and private estate properties.
• Set on nearly 12 acres on five separate tax lots with subdivision potential.
• Ponds, stream, waterfall, heated pool, golf hole and mature gardens.
• 5,607 square feet in main residence with additional living space in the guest house and pool house.
• Antique pine floorboards, leaded windows and vintage fireplace mantels from England and France.
• Four bedrooms, four baths, one powder room, staff quarters and six fireplaces.
• One-bedroom pool house with kitchenette, entertaining room, changing rooms, spa bath and gym.
• One-bedroom guest house with living room and kitchenette overlooking the pond.
• 500-bottle wine cellar.
• Three-bay garage, garden sheds.
• Close to schools, major roadways and rail station.
• Only 35 minutes from Manhattan.
For more information, contact Lisa Murphy at Houlihan Lawrence’s Rye Brokerage, at 914-391-2655, 914-967-7680, ext. 409 or email@example.com.