1. Scent of a woman — Jackie O. Founded in 1948 on Capri, Carthusia creates products by hand using ingredients exclusively from the island. Mediterraneo is Carthusia’s best-selling fragrance, which Jackie O wore on her wedding day to Onassis. It blends the freshness of lemon leaves with green tea. $80. bigelowchemists.com.
2. Do it up in denim. Italian denim is the way to go. Started by former Under Armour executives, Revtown knows performance inside and out. The denim is sustainably dyed, using shrimp and nut shells and orange peels. This process uses 30% less energy, 50% less water and 70% fewer chemicals than traditional dying techniques. $79 per pair. Revtownusa.com.
3. Where to go in 2020. “Italy is a top destination that I recommend,” says Becky Powell, president of Protravel International. “It is a captivating country with scenic views at every turn. The people, the culture, the food, the experiences are endless and very enriching to all who travel there. There are numerous off-the-beaten path locations I recommend such as Lake Garda, Lucca, Levanto, Sardinia and Orvieto.” protravelinc.com.
4. Get the “Hint.” Hint sunscreen sprays and sticks are deliciously scented with luscious fruit essences — grapefruit, pear and pineapple. Free of oxybenzone, with skin-loving ingredients, including aloe vera and vitamin E, SPF 30 and water-resistant coverage for 80 minutes. Sunscreen spray SPF 30, 6 fl. oz. , $18. drinkhint.com.
5. Pack like a Parisienne. Sign up for Oui Please and you’ll receive a subscription box filled with all-things French, such as beauty items, apparel and accessories. $150 for the bimonthly box. Ouipleasebox.com.
6. Swim safely. Sharkbanz use patented magnetic technology developed by marine biologists to deter predatory shark species. Verified by independent research, Sharkbanz are for beach-goers, swimmers, paddle boarders, spear fisherman, surfers and any ocean lover, for wrist or ankle. $84. Sharkbanz.com and Amazon.com.
7. Love at first night. Pack this premium pillow when you take that weekend car trip to the Hamptons. The Sleep & Glow pillow features cutouts where, when you lie down, your face is cradled in a silken cocoon of comfort — obviating wrinkles and nurturing you to the Land of Nod. $159. sleepandglow.com
8. Go all-inclusive. Why pay killer resort fees? A luxury all-inclusive property such as Sandals Resorts offers a wealth of amenities and oceans of options, all at one price. Travel Advisor Ashley Les at Protravel International says, “All-inclusive resorts are a game-changer in the travel realm. As far as ease of travel goes, this is it. You never have to leave the resort, there are activities for every age, and they take the guesswork out of it all. No need to budget for dinners, plan excursions, bring toys to entertain the kids. It’s all there already. Beaches Turks and Caicos personally is one of my favorite hotels.” sandals.com.
9. Take it off. Packed with essentials for a smooth men’s shave, the Proraso shave kit fits effortlessly in your carry-on. Developed for any beard type,and free of parabens, silicones, mineral oils and artificial colors. $15. bigelowchemists.com.
10. Say cheese. Keep your smile on-the-go ready with Marvis’ Travel with Flavor imported-from-Italy set containing three Marvis classics in 1.3 oz. travel sizes — Classic Strong Mint, Whitening Mint and Cinnamon Mint. $15. bigelowchemists.com.
11. Best foot forward. Leaders Cosmetics in South Korea makes “Baby Soft Foot,” featuring booties filled with skin-softening ingredients. Wear for just one hour and dead skin cells peel off in days. $31.50. Leaderscosmetics.com.
12. Fly with me. BIOselect from the Greek island of Crete offers beautiful organic skincare products. The Travel On The Go kit contains foam cleanser made with olive oil; micellar cleansing water with olive leaf; and face scrub and mask. Or just opt for the nurturing night cream made with honey. Melina Mercouri would love it. Travel kits, $17-$47. bioselect-us.com.
13. Breast-dressed. Paris’ prestigious Guinot Institute features a special cream for a much-overlooked area of a woman’s body — the décolleté. This stunning skin saver smells fabulous and is ideal for when you wear that strapless LBD at The Ritz. $68. GuinotUSA.com.
14. FactorFive into your face. Stanford-trained scientists formulated FactorFive skincare, using human stem cells to restore skin’s ability to heal itself and look younger. The FactorFive skincare line currently includes Regenerative Serum ($199), anti-aging cream ($189) and eye/lash cream ($149). factorfiveskin.com.
15. Go and glow. A-lister Victoria Beckham’s new 20-piece beauty collection features an amazing skin-renewing primer. $145.
16. The cold truth. Now you can store your mini-travel beauty samples in a gorgeous mini refrigerator. The Fria Skincare Fridge comes in white and rose gold and is ideal for your dream creams and facial rollers. $89.99. vanityplanet.com.
17. The ultimate ensemble. Nancy Tran creates gorgeous made-to-measure couture garments, such as the “Jacqueline” travel-friendly navy dress, which is the epitome of class. $850. Nancytranstudio.com.
18. Protect your Pumas. Only from Louis Vuitton comes the custom-made hard-sided sneaker trunk, special order only. The piece is designed to fit at least six pairs of low-tops and eight pairs of high-top sneakers. This is luxury luggage for your favorite footwear. louisvuitton.com.
19. Forget jet-lagged skin. Founded by Doris Dalton, M.D., the Doll 10 beauty line has been developed using a handcrafted recipe of 10 skin-repairing ingredients that act as nutrition for the complexion. Anti-Stress Skin Perfector, $38. doll10.com.
20. Go Coco. From the 2020 Spring Chanel collection comes a gorgeous pink quintessential quilted bag made from goatskin. The perfect pop of color for any destination. $4,600.
21. Honorable Mention: Try Charlotte’s Web 17mg CBD oil in Mint Chocolate, formulated with Charlotte’s Web proprietary hemp genetics that feature 80-plus naturally occurring phytocannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids to support a sense of calm for focus, and maintain healthy sleep cycles. The “Put Yourself First Aid Kit” also contains Calm Gummies 10mg CBD. What better stress-reducing travel treat? $99. charlottesweb.com.
For more on Debbi, visit DebbiKickham.com.