Eggs are a versatile protein that can be had any time of the day or night. Eggs cooked in coconut oil are to die for. The soft scrambled eggs combined with the aroma of coconut oil along with shallots are heavenly. It was one of the dishes my mom would turn to when she’d had a long day and wanted to make a simple dinner.
Eggs taste great with toast, but my mom would make this with a flatbread called chapati. These scrambled eggs are a staple on the menu on most of the street food carts in Kerala as well, as the taste is amazing.
For more, visit creativerajni.com.
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup minced shallots
3-4 petals of edible flowers
1 tablespoon ketchup
3-4 fresh cilantro leaves
2-3 Jalapeno sliced thin
Ingredients for toast:
1 tablespoon butter
1 garlic clove
1/2 Roma tomato
1 pinch of salt
1. In a bowl mix all the spices, salt, shallots and eggs and beat well until pale yellow.
2. In a pan heat coconut oil and add in the eggs and cook until soft and almost done. Set aside.
1. Heat a pan and toast 2 slices of sourdough bread with butter until well toasted.
2. Once toasted let them rest for a few seconds and rub a garlic clove onto each of the toasts.
3. Next rub the tomato on the toasts as well and let the tomato juice seep into the toasty bread. Add in a pinch of salt.
4. Add in a good amount of eggs onto each toast and garnish with edible petals, jalapeño slices, ketchup and fresh cilantro leaves.
5. Enjoy your eggs with a cup of hot tea.