While face masks are absolutely essential to reduce the spread of the Covid-19 virus, they’re not always easy on the skin, potentially leading to acne, congested pores, blackheads, dry skin and irritation. To keep skin in healthy condition, dermatologists recommend:
- cleansing thoroughly and regularly;
- moisturizing immediately after cleansing to add a protective layer against dryness;
- keeping makeup to a minimum and using non-comedogenic or oil-free cosmetics;
- wearing face masks made of soft, natural material such as cotton;
- washing face masks often with fragrance-free, hypoallergenic laundry detergent;
“The key to keeping skin healthy and glowing when wearing a face mask is purification, hydration and nourishment,” says L.Raphael founder, Ronit Raphael.
Among the products she recommends from her own line to accomplish this are:
Perfection Eye Cream for correcting, protecting and strengthening the delicate skin
around the eye area, resulting in a noticeable reduction of fine lines and wrinkles;
Mineral Purifying Mask, an intensive multi-mineral treatment to be used once or twice a week to absorb excess oils and decongest and tighten pores;
Perfection Cream, which deeply moisturizes, while keeping pores clean and clear, to allow the skin to breath.
And Cure C Mask, which nourishes the skin with replenishing Vitamin C and boosts collagen production to restore and brighten the skin while also reducing pigmentation caused by sun damage. Use once a week for 15 to 20 minutes to keep skin balanced.
For more, visit l-raphael.com/en/shop.
– Georgette Gouveia