Pecans are one of my favorites. They have a distinct flavor and can be used in both savory and sweet dishes. Here’s a sweet recipe for nut lovers, perfect for snacking on or for a picnic in a park.
Spiced pecan truffles
- 2 cups Mejdool dates, pitted
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups candied pecans, powdered
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2 cups cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats With Almonds), powdered
- In a food processor, turn the pecans into a powder. Add cereal, black pepper, salt and cinnamon, pulsing the mixture a few times. Transfer it to a bowl and set aside, reserving 1⁄4 cup in a separate bowl.
- In the same processor, turn the dates and ghee into a paste.
- Add the pecan cereal mixture and vanilla paste and pulse until well-combined.
- Make small balls out of this mixture and roll them in the reserved 1⁄4 cup pecan cereal. Give them another roll and they’re ready to enjoy.
For more, particularly on Rajni’s new classes in South Indian cooking for beginners, visit creativerajni.com or call 914-255-2574.