February begins with a bang as the Year of the Tiger rolls in Tuesday, Feb. 1. Tigers are, not surprisingly, known for their courage, but they also have to damp down their sometimes outsize emotions. Overall, it will be a year of challenges but also one of adventures, so Tigers – those born in the years including 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010 and 2022 – let’s hear you roar.
Goosefeather at the Tarrytown House Estate gets things off to a roaring good start with scrumptious specials for the Lunar New Year. From Tuesday, Feb. 1 through Sunday, Feb. 6, you can enjoy longevity noodles, minced shrimp, bamboo, garlic chives and supreme sauce; tea-smoked whole trout, winter citrus and ginger salad; and vegetable Shanghai egg rolls with Meyer lemon soy, along with the regular Asian-fused menu.
Goosefeather also sent along its three-course prix fixe menu for Valentine’s dinner only, Saturday, Feb. 12, through Monday, Feb. 14 ($99 per person, which does not include tax and gratuity).
First course, choice of:
- Tuna tartare, chili boba, black truffles;
- Roasted mushroom, gem lettuce, winter citrus;
- Roast duck tea sandwiches, house made plum sauce, milk bread;
Second course, choice of:
- Filet of beef, red-braised fondant potatoes, Chinese broccoli;
- Wok-charred lobster, Xo sauce, lotus root;
- Roasted cauliflower, coconut grits, pickled raisins;
Third course, choice of:
- Warm xhocolate donuts, strawberry salad, strawberry sorbet;
- Citrus, coconut bubbles, candied almond, Calamansi granita.
For more, visit goosefeatherny.com.