Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Big Heart Pet Brands – the makers of Milk-Bone, Pup-Peroni, Canine Carry Outs and Milo’s Kitchen brand dog treats – has surveyed 3,000 dog parents to determine how regularly they engage in loving behaviors with their dogs (like doggy kisses and regular cuddle time).
Here are the top 25 U.S. states that love their dogs the most:
- New York
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
Milk-Bone also asked state residents how they view dog parents as potential romantic partners, how dogs help enhance their daily lives and how they plan to show love to their pooches on V Day. Here’s what they found:
* 73 percent of dog parents buy their dogs a gift at least once a month.
* The No. 1 most popular way they show love is by giving their dogs a special treat.
* 39 percent of unmarried women prefer their dog to a date on Valentine’s Day.
* 18 percent of single men say that having a dog helps them get more dates.
* Both women (79 percent) and men (67 percent) find dog-loving people more attractive.
For more fur-tastic Valentine’s Day stats, visit http://bit.ly/doggy-love-index.
And check out our Pet of the Month, Snuggles, in WAG’s February issue, “Passionate Pursuits.” – edited by Georgette Gouveia