Spices bring a ton of flavor to my cooking, and I try to use them at all times. One of the spices that is widely used in desserts in Kerala is cardamom. So here’s one of my favorite dessert snacks using this aromatic ingredient — my Pistachio Bombs. It’s a nutrient-packed treat made with medjool dates as well as blueberries, cashews and other ingredients.
- 2 cups whole pistachios, powdered
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- ¼ cup cashews, roasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla-bean paste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- A pinch of salt
- In a food processor, place 1 and ¾ cups of the pistachios and blitz until chunky. Reserve ¼ cup for later.
- Add cashews and blitz until chunky. Then add ground cardamom, a pinch of salt, fresh blueberries, vanilla paste and dates and blitz again.
- Form small balls and coat with the remainder of the pistachios. Enjoy with a cup of tea.
For more, visit creativerajni.com.