Yes, we are all staying at home. But we will all be getting out of the house someday, right? So prepare yourself now. Take time to renew your passport — one of the best ways is through itseasy.com — and splurge on these great luxury products I’ve discovered in my worldwide travels. Some, indeed, are ideal to take on your next trip (or just use at home):
1. Treat your tastebuds — You can’t visit New York City right now, but you can still take a bite out of the Big Apple. Li-Lac Chocolates makes small batches of the sweet stuff from its factory in Brooklyn, and you can find its stores all over New York (and in Grand Central Terminal). The bestsellers? The $18 Statue of Liberty, and the chocolate almond bark, $36. li-lacchocolates.com
2. Stay healthy when you travel — Your well-being counts — whether you are at home or abroad. Vous Vitamin is a personalized vitamin subscription service for both men and women. Just take a short, online survey to match a customized multivitamin blend to your lifestyle and health history, and you can eliminate the pill pack. I say, “Bring on the Biotin.” $90 every three months. Vousvitamin.com.
3. You wear it well — Made for every road trip and red-eye, the best-selling Jet Set Trousers are a four-season wonder. They are machine washable, wrinkle-resistant and sunburn-free with a UPF of 50. Made in Italy with a bartack at the hem so you can customize the length. $228. epoqueevolution.com
4. My “ThirdLove” affair — When you travel there or simply stay at home, you need support. ThirdLove’s mission is to get every woman into a great fitting, comfortable and beautiful bra that helps her feel confident. As the inventor of half-cup sizes, ThirdLove has led the charge on inclusivity, now carrying more than 80 sizes and counting. ThirdLove’s direct-to-consumer e-commerce site features its patented Fit Finder quiz, which asks women a series of questions about their current bras and even their unique breast shapes and uses data science to recommend their best sizes. BRA-va! Prices vary. thirdlove.com
5. Eye on the prize — Look stylish while protecting your eyes from the sun’s powerful rays without compromising comfort or fit. The breakthrough Yunizon Eyewear features signature Global Fit Technology, three different head widths in all styles and designs to accommodate high cheekbones, low bridge noses and other unique facial features. So it’s easy to find your perfect fit. Starting at $159 with free worldwide shipping. yunizoneyewear.com
6. Get a leg up — Now you can outshine everyone else with stunning Swiss hosiery crafted from silk and cashmere. Fogal hosiery is a first-class legwear line. Christie Brinkley favors the All-Nude in Capri but colors and styles abound for a variety of gorgeous gams. You can shop online, or simply visit the store in Zurich when the world returns to the new normal. Prices vary. Fogal.com
7. Stay in step — Finally, there’s a high heel engineered to offer ease of wear and support. Ally Shoes, based in Manhattan, was designed by podiatrists and engineers, using some of the best practices from sneaker-making. With this shoe, you put more force on your arches (instead of on the balls of your feet), there are toe supports and deep heel cups. What does it spell? C-O-M-F-O-R-T. $285 in black; $295 in various colors. ally.nyc
8. Put your best foot forward — Frette, the luxurious French brand that sells its sheets to top five-star hotels, also makes superb slippers. They are classic Frette – crafted in Italy with a plush velvet upper embroidered with Frette’s signature emblem and a genuine leather sole. Now that’s la dolce vita, $375. Frette.com
9. Beautiful Belgian bedding — Give your mattress the king or queen treatment that it deserves. Made in Belgium by Guccio, this beyond-gorgeous European bedding features the best-selling Sweet Surrender duvet. Its exceptional Egyptian cotton pink bedding is finished in exquisite gold embroidery. Free shipping worldwide. $367 for the set of duvet cover, sheets and two pillowcases. Gucciohome.com.
10. Sybaritic sleep — I never travel without a special silk pillowcase. Celestial Silk’s 25 momme pure mulberry silk pillowcases prevent wrinkles, banish blemishes and give you silky, smooth hair. They come in standard, queen and king sizes in lots of beautiful colors. $34.99. https://celestialsilk.com/ or Amazon, where it’s a best seller.
For more about Debbi, visit Debbikickham.com.