Now that all the holidays are over, it’s time for a dish that has no butter or cream. Once you make these potatoes, you’ll never go back to traditional mashed.
- 16 new potatoes – chopped small
- 2 cups of chicken broth, plus 1/4 cup
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil
- In a medium saucepan, place potatoes, 2 cups of chicken broth, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until potatoes are tender — 25 to 30 minutes.
- Toss with basil.
- Use a hand mixer to mash the potatoes and add 1/4 cup of broth and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice as needed.