National Rosé Day was celebrated earlier this month, but most any summer day seems made for sipping Rosé.
We’ve recently received some descriptions and tasting notes on Rosés from around the world, so in honor of summer’s official arrival this week, we spotlight a handful of sips, at varying prices, to get your entertaining off to an intoxicating start:
- Smoke Tree Rosé 2017 – Created in the beautiful land of California, this blend of primarily Grenache and Zinfandel with smaller percentages of Carignan, Tempranillo, and Mourvèdre offers aromas of white cherry, white peach, and yellow nectarine. The palate is vibrant with flavors of crabapple, quince and crisp nectarine. The finish is dry and refreshing. Pairs well with sushi, summer salads or even fried chicken. Suggested retail price: $21.99.
- Chandon California Limited-Edition American Summer Rosé – Designed to celebrate Chandon’s American heritage, these chic Rosé bottles are the perfect way to show your American spirit, with a fun and flirty image of ombre pink and red sunhats. Perfect to grab on the go, imbibers can take these festive sparklers to toast America’s favorite season at summer barbecues, beach bonfires, pool parties and more. Suggested retail price: $24.00.
- 2017 Guado al Tasso Scalabrone Bolgheri DOC – A light peony pink in color, the wine offers a rich and intense nose of ripe fruit, cherries and raspberries, along with well-integrated, subtle and lively hints of herbs. The palate is fresh and balanced with a fruity and persistent aftertaste. Suggested retail price: $22.00.
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte’s New Limited-Edition Enchanted Vine Rosé – This year, Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte released a Limited-Edition Enchanted Vine Rosé bottle. Brut Rosé offers an elegant and fresh take on Rosé with delicate red fruit aromas comprised of blueberry, blackcurrant and raspberry. Bottled in a matching pink hued bottle that evokes the bubbles inside. Suggested retail price: $53.00.
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte Palmes d’Or Rosé – For an elegant, higher-priced option, Feuillatte’s Palmes D’Oris the perfect choice. Adorned in pink, the stunning Palmes d’Or bottle is engraved with a thousand delicate yet dramatic dimples, inspired by the shape of the rare and beautiful black pearl. Suggested retail price: $200.
– Mary Shustack