Marcy B. Freedman, who we like to call “WAG’s favorite performance artist,” has let us know about quite a lineup of upcoming performances.
The Croton-on-Hudson artist calls the slate of events a “whirlwind in August,” and by the looks of it, we’d have to agree:
- Aug. 2: Opening reception for “Seen, Barely Seen & Never Been Seen Before!: Video Art by GENEFREE,” a retrospective exhibition of Freedman’s collaborative video work with Gene Panczenko, from 6 to 9 p.m. Beale Street Barber Shop, 907 South St., Peekskill. Exhibition continues through Oct. 24.
- Aug. 9: “The Best Biceps in Beacon!” street performance, in conjunction with the annual Windows on Main Street event. Images in the window of Hudson Valley Fitness, 490 Main St., Beacon, with finale featuring Freedman inviting public to vote, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Aug. 16: “I pay cash for a good joke!” interactive street performance, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Peekskill Farmer’s Market, Bank Street.
- Aug. 23: As part of the Summer Block Party Series at Restaurant Row, from 6 to 9 p.m. along North Division Street (between Main and Central) in Peekskill, Freedman presents the interactive street performance, “Sock It!”
- Aug. 30: Freedman wraps up her every-Saturday-in-August run at Saunders’ Farm in Garrison, where she is the curator of performance art. She has lined up an afternoon filled with eight performances from artists both local and national, who will present work intermittently from 2 to 6 p.m. at various locations on the farm, at 853 Old Albany Post Road. Freedman will offer “Do You Remember Winter?”
For more, visit marcybfreedman.com.
– Mary Shustack